“Legacy” by James Kerr — This leadership book goes into the heart of the world’s most successful sports team– New Zealand’s All Blacks – to reveal 15 powerful lessons for leadership. This book describes the simple acts, responsibilities and rituals that intertwine into the complex culture that underpins world class performance.
Working remotely? Here’s how to keep your company culture alive.
Hawaii Business Magazine’s “How to Resolve Community Conflicts” article by Noelle Fujii-Oride
• “High Conflict: Why We Get Trapped and How We Get out” by Amanda Ripley (2021)
• “Bargaining for Advantage: Negotiation Strategies for Reasonable People” by Richard Shell (1999)
• “Eye of the Storm Leadership: The Art and Politics of Managing Human Conflicts” by Peter Adler (2008)
Tools, Takeaways, and Resource Information:
People Strategies of Hawaii various training and workshops: Organizational Development Consulting for Equity & Inclusion; Ensuring Equity Sticks in Your Organization Workshop; Leadership Skills & DEI Training.
Race Forward Research conducts cutting edge, original and broadly accessible research o pressing racial justice issues focused on the significance of race to social and economic outcomes in our society
Racial Equity Toolkit by the Government Alliance on Race & Equity
Movement General Justice & Ecology Project inspires and engages in transformative action towards the liberation and restoration of land, labor, and culture
City & County of Honolulu’s commitment to equity and social justice and to the realization of equitable outcomes for frontline communities through COVID-19 pandemic economic recovery programs.
Operationalizing Equity by The Anne E. Casey Foundation
• “How to Be an Inclusive Leader Through a Crisis” - Harvard Business Review (2020)
• “Adapt Your D&I Efforts to the Reality of the Crisis” - Harvard Business Review (2020)
• “Survey: What Diversity and Inclusion Policies Do Employees Actually Want?” - Harvard Business Review (2019)
• Diversity Still Matters – McKinsey & Company (2020)
• “Transgender, Gender-Fluid, Nonbinary, and Gender-Nonconforming Employees Deserve Better Policies” - Harvard Business Review (2020)
• “The Cost of Failing to Design Accessibly” - TedX (2019)
Everything DiSC Handout: Click here to download the PDF
This handout is a quick reference tool that describes each DiSC style and provides strategies for working with each style more comfortably and effectively. It's also the perfect one page reference guide to hang at your workstation so that you can practice adapting your communication approach daily!
Everything DiSC® Workplace Sample Profile: Click here to download Sample Profile PDF
Are you intrigued by DiSC and want to see a sample of the report? This is the download for you. Check out a sample of the research-validated online assessment that each person receives after a short self-assessment!
TH!NK Discount Code:
If you loved what you learned today and are eager to get your own personal Everything DiSC Workplace Profile, click on this link and you can begin the process immediately. The Everything DiSC Workplace Assessment retails for $72.00. Because you attended this session you are able to download your access code for only $54.00, a 25% discount + a 30-minute consultation. The value of this package is $222.00. This offer expires on July 25,2021 at midnight.
Sign up for the TH!NK NOW Newsletter and receive the E-Book that we referenced in the session - “The Invisible Drain on Your Company’s Culture” by Mark Scullard, PhD
Pono Pacific is Hawaiʻi’s first and largest private natural resource conservation company
Kupu's mission is to empower youth to serve their communities through character-building, service-learning, and environmental stewardship opportunities that encourage pono (integrity) with ke akua (God), self, and others.
Elemental Excelerator is on a mission to redesign systems at the root of our climate change crisis.
Hawaiian Electric's Sustainability Report (2020-2021)
• Moments of Impact - How to Design Strategic Conversations that Accelerate Change (Simon & Schuster, 2014)
• Design a Better Business - New Tools, Skills and Mindset for Strategy and Innovation (Wiley, 2016)